THE HUSSAR HOME SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION RULES
1. This Competition (“the Competition”) is conducted by Medifood Holdings CC (“the Promoter”) and may only be entered into by residents in South Africa.
2. No persons related to the Promoters (including but not limited to their Subsidiaries and / or Franchisees) by way of being:
2.1. directors, members, partners, employees, franchisees, agents of, or consultants to;
2.2. any marketing service provider(s), any supplier(s) of goods or services, any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by them; or
2.3. any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of such persons;
may enter into the Competition.
3. A copy of these Competition rules (“the Rules”) is available on www.hussarhome.co.za. These Rules may be amended by reasonable notification via the Hussar Home website at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted by the Promoter and their decisions regarding any disputes relating to such meaning and/or content will be final and binding.
4. Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules.
5. The Competition starts at 9am on Tuesday 1 September 2020 and ends at midnight on Friday 18 September 2020.
6. The prize is a complimentary box of a hand-picked selection of vacuum sealed Hussar Home meat cuts, dry rubs and basting sauces, packaged in a Hussar Home insulated box. Along with a stainless-steel portable braai stand (the metal-finishing of the braai may appear slightly different to that of the images used in the marketing material of the competition).
7. The prize will be delivered to the winner’s address on 22 September 2020, provided the address is in Cape Town. Alternative delivery arrangements can be made if the prize- winner is not available on 22 September 2020.
8. To enter, entrants must simply make 1 (one) purchase of any size from our online shop: www.hussarhome.co.za on or between the dates of 1 September 2020 and 18 September 2020.
9. Each online purchase equals 1 (one) entry into the competition. 2 (two) purchases will equal 2 (two) entries into the competition.
10. This Competition is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter and / or Instagram.
11. The winner of the prize will be notified after the end of the Competition period and will be notified via a post on the Hussar Home Facebook
page and will be emailed by a Hussar Home representative.
12. A panel of Hussar Home representatives will thereafter select the winner via random selection.
13. The winners will be required to forward copies of their Identity Document and details of their address to Medifood Holdings CC within the time period stipulated by Hussar Home. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners, however if the winners do not respond to the notification/s and / or provide the required documents within 2 (Two) days after Hussar Home has informed him or her that he / she has won the prize, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and Hussar Home will be entitled to re-draw a new winner. Shortly after the winners have complied with the above requirements, the winners will be contacted by a Hussar Home representative, who will confirm delivery address details and approximate delivery date of the prize.
14. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash and, to the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoters and their subsidiary and holding companies are not liable for any defects in, or changes to, any part of the prize.
15. The Promoter may, after the winner has accepted the prize, and both before or after the winner of the Competition has been publicly announced, request that the winners permit the use of their image/s and/or name/s in their marketing material and / or participate in their marketing activities (including endorsing, promoting and / or advertising the services of, Hussar Home or any of their subsidiary or holding companies) (“the Invitation”). The winners have the right to expressly decline the Invitation in the manner stipulated in this clause. Should the winner fail to decline the Invitation by telephone, e-mail or in writing to Ryan Betteridge Tel: 0215971400, Email: email@example.com , Postal address: P.O. Box 12320, Goodwood, 7460 Cape Town, South Africa, within 3 (Three) days of being notified that they are the winners of the Competition and being expressly requested to accept or decline the Invitation in writing, then such winners shall be deemed to have accepted the Invitation and granted permission and / or agreed to participate in marketing activities in the manner set out above.
16. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the owners of any Hussar Home, Medifood Holdings CC, or any holding or subsidiary companies of any of them, or any of their respective directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, franchisees, or anyone associated with any of them, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, loss, claim or damage of any nature whatsoever whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of (or in any way connected to) any person entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from any person’s participation in any way, in this Competition or as a result of (or in any way connected to) any prizes won there under (any such prizes being utilized and accepted at the sole and own risk of any winner thereof).
17. In the event of a dispute in respect of any aspect of the Competition, the Promoters’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to receive further communication and direct marketing material from the Promoters, and their holding and subsidiary companies, provided that the entrants may opt-out of receiving commercial communications at any time via the appropriate opt-out mechanisms provided by the Promoters for such purpose.
19. This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: www.dti.gov.za.
20. Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.